New Me

Hi everyone

Today I'm at the Craftreat Blog with a mixed media canvas tutorial with Craftreat background.

"It's not who you are underneath,
It's what you do that defines you".
One of may favourite quotes from the Batman Trilogy...

When I stumbled upon this quote, I had this instant urge to do something in mixed media.

I generally love doing journal spreads with mixed media concept. I like to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new. A few mix and matches with different mediums..... can totally bring out something cool. Tada..... here's what i came up with.😁






So here's what I did.

I first took a canvas board and pasted the craftreat wood decoupage paper with mod podge. The Wood decoupage paper actually looks like a 3D textured paper with grungy look. So I decided I will not alter this much. Next using the craftreat stencil flourish with gold crackle, added a little texture to the background. Using craftreat stencil lace and aged mahogany distress ink, I added another layer of interest.









While the background was being set, I drew an abstract face of a lady and outlined it with 3D outliner black. After it dried, I coloured it with acrylic paints, and cut it out along the outline.



I added glitter washi tapes green and rust.

I then adhered it to the board and added my quote.






Materials from The Craft Shop
Craftreat Decoupage Papers Wood
Craftreat Stencil Flourish
Craftreat Stencil Lace
Distress ink Aged Mahogany
Art Extravagance Gold Crackle
Plaid Mod Podge




I'm linking my project to Country View Challenges blog and a2z Scrapbooking December Challenge


Comments

  1. A very striking piece, thanks for sharing your techniques. Thanks so much for entering at Country View Challenges - good luck and hope to see you again! Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally unique and quite striking. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textures! Thanks for sharing with us at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textures and the quote! It's one of my faves too and true! Thanks for playing along with us at A2Z. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment